Ruger Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics and LiNK Overview
- Pre-loaded Ruger Rifles & Match Grade Bullet Library available in the free Kestrel LiNK Ballistics app for quick and easy setup.
- Storage for 30 Gun Profiles that are capable of being set up with any kind of rifle or bullet combination.
- User customizable Target Card allows users to set up to 30 segments with 10 custom targets each
- Full Range Card
- Easy Mode walks you through a simple step-by-step guide to using your Kestrel so you can learn faster and start shooting long-range with confidence.
- Muzzle Velocity Calibration Guide allows for accurate measurement of bullet speed without a chronograph to improve accuracy.
- Environmental Capture measures and adjusts for actual conditions wherever you are and automatically updates the ballistic solution - eliminating the need to re-zero when moving to a different altitude.
- LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth® low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers and integration with LiNK-compatible laser range finders for improved speed and accuracy.
- Mobile Device Management Kestrel LiNK Ballistics app is available for iOS & Android and provides convenient gun management and backup, access to the Applied Ballistics library of scientifically tested bullet data, and the ability to view your Kestrel’s solution remotely on your phone or tablet.
|Dew Point Temperature
|Heat Stress Index
|Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
|Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
|Wind Speed/Air Speed
|Tips For Taking Accurate Measurements
The Ruger Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics takes the guesswork out of long-range shooting, even out to the transonic and subsonic flight range of your bullet.
The Kestrel 5 Series platform offers a large, high-resolution, and contrast display with ease of font readability. It also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens, AA battery operation, and optional LiNK iOS and Android wireless connectivity and app support. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel 5700 Elite is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof, and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can accompany you to the range, hunt, match, deployment, or engagement for years to come. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel meter with you.
Buy the Ruger Kestrel 5700 Elite with LiNK and get the power of the free Kestrel LiNK Ballistics app with an exclusive Ruger rifle library. Build and manage your gun/bullet profiles and download them to your Kestrel 5700 Elite before you set out. Choose from the extensive Litz library of custom bullet drag models for the most precise transonic and subsonic range solutions available anywhere. At the range or match, secure your Ruger Kestrel 5700 Elite to a tripod using the optional Kestrel Vane Mount. Use the app to adjust the target range and view the shooting solution and wind rose without leaving your shooting position. The LiNK Ballistics app even lets you set up multiple targets for single-screen viewing – just about an unfair advantage! It’s like having a meteorologist and ballistician standing next to you while you shoot.
LiNK-enabled units can also be wirelessly paired with LiNK-compatible laser rangefinders to seamlessly integrate target data into the ballistic solution for unparalleled speed and accuracy.
In addition to the ballistics solver capabilities, the Ruger Kestrel 5700 Elite is a comprehensive weather meter for measurement and logging of primary environmental conditions, including wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, heat index, pressure, and altitude. Paired with the Vane Mount, the Kestrel 5700 Elite becomes a compact, easily-deployable weather station. Your data log can be transferred to an iOS/Android device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication and the Kestrel LiNK app or to a Windows/Mac device with either the wireless USB Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (Both sold separately).
Kestrels have been put to the test in some of the harshest conditions on the planet. U.S. Special Forces, combat weather teams, wildland firefighters, smoke jumpers, Mt. Everest expeditions, and auto pit crews are just a few who rely on a Kestrel to provide them with the crucial environmental data they need. Watch any on-screen meteorologist during a hurricane, and you’re sure to spot a Kestrel in action. With a Kestrel 5700 Elite, you can put accurate shooting solutions and environmental measurements in the palm of your hand anywhere your adventure takes you.
Ruger Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter
See the new Ruger Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter in action!
Prior to every new target, always remember to CRUSH it:
Capture DOF and wind direction,
Range the distance,
Update your environmental,
Spin your Kestrel,
Kestrel 5700 & Elite Easy Mode Quick Start Guide
New Easy Mode feature launching at SHOT! Stop by our booth 3246 for a quick demo.
Truing muzzle velocity on your Kestrel Ballistics Meter
Truing your muzzle velocity is necessary if you want accurate adjustments and drop charts for long distance shooting.
Setting up gun profile on your Kestrel Ballistics Meter
Set up gun profile on your Kestrel Ballistics Meter. Get accurate measurement of wind and air density to deliver elevation and windage solutions for unprecedented accuracy on extended long range shots.
Engraving Note: Please make sure that everything is spelled correctly, as your engraved product cannot be returned. All sales are final on engraved products. Add 2 business days to all engraving orders.